Becoming a landlord, taking out a reverse mortgage and downsizing are among the unconventional ways people can pay for retirement. Monetizing a hobby or a second career are also ways to make money. If you don't have access to a 401(k) employer sponsored plan and you've maxed our your IRA (or maybe don't have one...yet) consider these ten options to help fund retirement. Maryalene La Ponsie suggests:
- Purchasing rental properties.
- Renting out part or all of a home.
- Making money off the exterior of a home.
- Taking out a reverse mortgage.
- Downsizing your house.
- Selling off assets.
- Reselling items on eBay or Amazon.
- Monetizing a hobby.
- Starting an encore career.
- Participating in the gig economy.
What about AirBNB?
Read the details at: