“Retirement plans? No way—we're just a bunch of procrastinators”
Common excuses for delaying retirement planning:
- "I am just too busy."
- "It's too soon to think about retirement."
- "I waited too long, so it's too late for me to put enough money away."
- "I can't do it now, because my finances are a mess."
- "I don't have enough money to start planning for retirement—but my kids will take care of me."
- And my favorite: "What's the difference? My plan is to work until I drop dead, anyway."
Stop procrastinating and attend Financial Planning for Women this fall:
September 10: Stocks, bonds, & mutual funds
October 8: Retirement plans: IRAs, 401(k)s, & 403(b)s
November 12: Figure out a retirement plan
Read Jim Pavia’s article at: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101876452