- How long have you worked in financial services and in what capacity?
- What is your academic training–undergrad and grad school?
- Have you earned either your CFA and/or CPA designations? or CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
- What kind of continuing education are you engaging in to stay abreast of developments in your field?
- Do you work under a suitability or fiduciary standard?
- Do you utilize an active or passive/evidenced-based approach & why?
- What fees are your clients charged–all in, from your fee down to embedded fees such as markups on fixed income purchases to management fees on recommended funds?
- Who manages your money & what debt do you carry personally?
Manisha Thakor (@ManishaThakor) is founder and chief executive of Santa Fe, N.M.–based MoneyZen Wealth Management LLC.