- Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
- Get an estimate of your future benefits, if you are still working;
- Get a letter with proof of your benefits, if you currently receive them; and
- Manage your benefits:
- Change your address;
- Start or change your direct deposit;
- Request a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
Voters concerned about the stability of Social Security should elect those to office who share their view.
- To learn more about the options for ensuring the long term viability of Social Security read The Social Security Fix-It Book developed by the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College. It's available free at: http://crr.bc.edu/special-projects/books/the-social-security-fix-it-book/
March 30, 2016
National "my Social Security" Week | April 4 - 13, 2016
It's time to open a secure online my Social Security account at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ to: