These 5 simple rules will help you build the right asset mix and avoid a hodgepodge that won't achieve your retirement goals. Walter Updegrave recommends these five questions to help you assess your portfolio. Keep it Simple!
1. Do you need the fingers of both hands to count your investments?
2. Do you own investments you don’t really understand?
3. Can you explain exactly why you bought each investment you own?
4. Do you own investments that you’ve never touched after buying?
5. Do you regularly add new investments to your portfolio?