July 19, 2014

A retirement planning lesson from a bike ride



Steve Vernon (MoneyWatch) explains behavioral finance's applications to retirement planning, like unrealistic optimism and hyperbolic discounting. “I made a few of these common blunders during a recent visit to Amsterdam and came away with a better appreciation of the pitfalls we all face when planning our retirement.” “I was bike riding with my wife in the countryside outside Amsterdam on a beautiful summer day. We faced a choice: Return the rental bikes by 5:45 p.m., or wait until the next day, which had a forecast of rain.” Find out what happens and the link to retirement planning at: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-retirement-planning-lesson-from-a-bike-ride/

2 comments:

  1. I made a few of these common blunders during a recent visit to Amsterdam and came away with a better appreciation of the pitfalls we all face when planning our retirement.” “I was bike riding with my wife in the countryside outside Amsterdam on a beautiful summer day. We faced a choice: www.arthayantra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing post.Very useful to me.I liked it .And Swipe Your Credit Card And have Immediate cash With Cheapest Costs.
    Provide Your ID Card Photo Copy As A Document Resistant.If you Want more details kindly Visit Here

    ReplyDelete

Financial Planning for Women does not sell, rent, loan, lease or otherwise provide any personal information collected at our site to any third parties.