April 13, 2012

Protecting your credit card accounts

I just received this email from my credit card company:
“Your account was used to make a purchase above the notification account.”
The email reminded me of the amount I had set, the date and amount of the purchase,
and  the merchant. It’s OK; I had made the transaction. I’m sharing this example with
you as a follow up  to FPW’s program on ID theft.  Set a dollar amount on your
accounts slightly above your usual purchase range. In the event your credit card
is stolen (and you haven’t missed it yet) or your identity
compromised, your credit card issuer can notify you.
Not all cards offer this service; check with your card issuer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Financial Planning for Women does not sell, rent, loan, lease or otherwise provide any personal information collected at our site to any third parties.