July 18, 2018

"10 Tactless things I tell clients"

Financial planner Allan S. Roth wrote this article that provides profound advice in a very simple format. Much of what he has told clients are factors that I've also pointed out to my clients. Enjoy!
1) I’m charging you $450 an hour to tell you I don’t know the future. (I only charge $75/hour).
2) Investing should oscillate between boring and painful.
3) Is your goal to die the richest person in the graveyard?
4) No, you won’t have the courage to rebalance after a stock plunge.
5) You are borrowing money at a higher rate than you are lending it out and you aren’t going to make it up with volume!
6) You have a ton of cash and that is your riskiest asset.
7) Keep it simple stupid.
8) If it feels wrong, go for it. 
9) Get real!
10) I’m not right for you. (So far I've only told this to one client)       
Get the details at this link: https://www.financial-planning.com/opinion/10-things-financial-advisors-should-say-about-investing?utm_campaign=Jul%2018%202018-what_you_missed&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a very good list. Here you have stated the list of things which when a client hears must run away from the financial advisor and look for another, more reliable one. However, I must say that you have been very brave and honest with your clients. Everything that you say must be known by the clients. They must have doubts about the fiancés and financial advisors in order to find the best one. This is why I have always used the direct loans UK reviews to consult about my finances.

    ReplyDelete

Financial Planning for Women does not sell, rent, loan, lease or otherwise provide any personal information collected at our site to any third parties.